Saturday, May 14, 2011

Parri Estate Cabernet Sauvignon

Wine: Parri Estate
Type: Cabernet Sauvignon
Year: unknown
Price: unknown
Date: 11/05/2011
Reason for purchase: By the glass at Nino's Victor Harbor

Review: I though I would branch out an review some wines when I'm out and about, and this one is first cab(ernet) off the rank!

Firstly I've only heard good things about Parri, after I was given a bottle of their Shiraz Viognier many years ago that was superb. This cab is lovely and fruity, rich in flavour but delicate enough not to hit you with tannin overload.

The aftertaste is subtle and mild, with no hint of acid or sulphur as with some cheap reds.

While I tend to favour bolder reds in the main, this is a really nice cab sav that I'll be looking for at the bottle shop in the future. It might also persuade me to visit the Parri Estate as well.

Rating: 8/10 -DF-

No comments:

Post a Comment